Certified Veterinary Technician in beautiful Duluth, MN
Airport Animal Hospital in Duluth, MN is accepting applications for Certified Veterinary Technician.
Airport Animal Hospital is a very busy, growing canine, feline, and exotics companion animal practice serving the Duluth & Hermantown area of northeastern Minnesota at the head of Lake Superior for over 40 years. Our current team includes 6 DVMs, 2 receptionists, 10 veterinary technicians and assistants, and a hospital administrator. Our doctors and support staff work in a collaborative and supportive way to help maximize the effectiveness of our team for the good of our patients, our clients, and each other. Our regular hours of operation are 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. In July of 2018 we finished a complete remodel and expansion of our veterinary hospital and are enjoying the many wonderful benefits that our new, larger facility offers. We have a very modern and well-equipped hospital including digital radiology, digital dental radiology, ultrasound, and a photobiomodulation laser therapy unit. We enjoy regularly working with board certified specialists in surgery and dermatology who help make the highest level of care and expertise readily available to our clients and patients.
The primary responsibilities of our veterinary technicians include:
• Working in our clinical lab collecting patient samples and running diagnostic tests
• Managing anesthesia cases and otherwise assisting DVMs during surgical procedures
• Providing compassionate and attentive nursing care and treatments to patients
• Patient handling for physical exams and treatments
• Providing clear and accurate client education and communication.
Key attributes needed for success include:
• Dependability and strong work ethic
• Good communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively with coworkers
• A strong desire and commitment to provide high quality and compassionate care to our patients and clients
• High personal integrity and professionalism.
Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program or significant experience working as a veterinary technician is required. Applicants with no veterinary technology training will not be considered. Applicants must be able to lift and carry up to forty pounds of weight safely and without assistance.
Wage is commensurate with education & training, work experience, skill level and knowledge base demonstrated; currently $20-25 per hour. Full time employee benefits also include:
• Earned paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay
• Sponsored continuing education opportunities
• Medical and dental insurance contributions
• 401k w/ employer match
• Discounted personal pet care.
• A hiring bonus is currently being offered for well qualified technicians paid at six months of continuous employment.